Programmes >> CINEMATOGRAPHY
"I can’t think how anyone can become a director without learning the craft of cinematography"
- Nicolas Roeg (Cinematographer-Director, considered to be a major influence on today’s filmmakers like Steven Soderbergh, Tony Scott, Ridley Scott, Danny Boyle & Christopher Nolan.)
Nadeem Khan: ZIMA Mentor (Cinematography)
Ajay Tandon - ZIMA Mentor (Cinematography)
Duration: 6 months
Three Hours a Day, Three Days a Week
+ 1 Practical & 1 Film Appreciation a week!
No film can be made without a cinematographer. The fundamentals of film and video photography are powered extensively in the ZIMA syllabus.
The students are imparted thorough training by esteemed ZIMA faculty, who have rich experience in films, TV, ad films, corporate films, etc.
ZIMA's cinematography course is valued among the best Cinematography Programmes in India.
- The principles of still and motion picture photography
- Various types of light sources and their practical application
- Basics of Lighting, Detailed Practicals on Various Types of Lighting Situations
- Filters and Composition, study of colour temperature, Depth of Field
- Study of movie cameras and various types of film stock
- The grammar of single camera & multi camera placements
- Roots and reasons for selecting a camera style
- Study of the video cameras and principles of videography
- Principles of Optics as applied to Photography
- Assignments and Group Projects for Students on Digital Cameras
After completing the course in cinematography, a student will have acquired the ability and confidence to assist, any cinematographer / Videographer; both in film and television. Starting off independently will also be an option, depending on the right opportunity at the right time.